The Education Department of the European Trade Union Institute will organise a joint course with the EFFAT “Equipping young trade union leaders to cope with European challenges” which will be held from 03 to 05 September 2014 in Helsingør, Denmark.
- To explain EFFAT priorities and its role in the European decision making process
- To list the main challenges for trade union and develop solutions
- To identify the contact points and best approach for campaigning EU decision makers
- To describe strategies to introduce change and overcome resistance in trade unions
- To develop a trade union action plan to better campaign, introducing organisational change and overcome future challenges
Active working languages will be English, French and Italian. Passive languages depending on participants’ registration.
The interpretation facilities are strictly limited to those languages listed.
The enclosed programme will give you an overview of the course contents.
Accommodation and course venue
Gl. Hellebækvej 70
DK - 3000 Helsingør
Telephone: +45 29 28 09 00 - www.konventum.dk
Participants should be young trade union leaders (34 years old or under) and/or members of the EFFAT Youth Committee.
Arrival and departure
Participants are expected to arrive on Tuesday 02 (arrival by noon) and to leave on Friday 05 September 2014 (flight departure from 16h on, please see programme). All practical details will be given with the confirmation letter.
Please do not make any travel arrangements before receiving the official confirmation letter sent by ETUI.
How are enrolments processed?
A maximum of 20 participants can be accepted.
The final confirmation of the participants will be done by the team of trainers bearing in mind the requirements for the target group.
We ask you to bear in mind the recommendations of the ETUC Action Plan for women which call for the proportional representation of women in trade union activities.
Please fill in a copy of the enclosed form for each participant and return it to the Nathalie De Vits, email@example.com no later than 18 July 2014.
Payment of registration
A direct monetary contribution (enrolment fees) to ETUI Education activity is required per organisation, per working day. Participation fees vary depending on which group your country is from.
Participation fees for this course are: For group I: 180€ (3 days@60€), for group II: 72€ (3 days@24€), for group III: 45€ (3 days@15€)
|Group I: 100% of participation fees - 60€/day||Group II: 40% of participation fees - 24€/day||Group III: 25% of participation fees- 15€/day|
Please note that in case of cancellation of participation 3 working days before the beginning of the course, no refund shall be granted.
It is essential that you mention in your payment order the number of the invoice and customer reference number.
Reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs
Costs for accommodation for ONLY 3 nights (02, 03 and 04 September 2014), meals according to the programme, materials will be covered by ETUI Education, only for participants coming from member states of the European Union, FYROM, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
Expenses must be settled in line with the EU guidelines, which means:
- The shortest route of travel is to be chosen using the most reasonable means of transport.
- Train tickets will be reimbursed on the basis of a 1st class return fare.
- Business class flights will not be reimbursed. Air travel is acceptable only for distances above 400 km, i.e. return flight above 800 km. Economy class fares will be used as the benchmark for analysing air travel costs.
- Travel by car will be reimbursed on the basis of a 1st class return fare.
Please note that taxi costs or other expenses such as parking fees, telephone, minibar, extra nights, extra lunches, extra dinners, supplement double room and the eventual supplement half/full board are not taken in charge by ETUI.
Should you need any additional information please do not hesitate to contact the ETUI Education Secretariat, Nathalie De Vits, tel: +32 2 224 05 22, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Harald Wiedenhofer |
EFFAT General Secretary