FoodServiceEurope and EFFAT (European Federation of Food, Agriculture and Tourism Trade Unions), have jointly committed to improve the quality and attractiveness of apprenticeships schemes in the contract catering sector.
Based on the conviction that a better use of apprenticeships can go a long way in attracting young talent and improving the image of our sector, EFFAT and FoodServiceEurope have committed in particular to:
- Include apprenticeships in the areas of cooperation between FoodServiceEurope and EFFAT and especially in their annual action plans.
- Promote active discussions and exchanges of experiences among and between their members.
- Present the benefits of apprenticeships schemes at their General Assemblies, encouraging their national organizations to join the Alliance for Apprenticeships and sharing their experience to their own members.
- Present apprenticeships as a good opportunity for the food catering sector to have a qualified, young and dynamic workforce amongst their members, through their websites, their newsletters, their meetings and social media communications.
- Encourage company members to provide high quality apprenticeship and traineeship positions.
The pledge has been adopted during the plenary meeting of the Social Dialogue Committee in the European Contract Catering sector that took place in Brussels on 12 September 2017.
Moving forward, EFFAT and FoodServiceEurope will take actions to mobilize their members and gather best practice examples on the enhanced quality and attractiveness of apprenticeships schemes to be shared at the Social Dialogue Plenary meeting in 2018.
Link to the pledge: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=1149&langId=en&idDataTable=284