After 4 years and 8 months of intense and difficult negotiations, EFFAT affiliates in the tourism sector, Filcams CGIL, Uiltucs UIL and Fisascat CISL have concluded a new 4 years agreement for one million workers employed in more than 300 thousands workplaces including bars, restaurants and cafes, fast foods, confectioneries, canteens, shops companies and companies supplying prepared meals and canteens: an industry generating over 80 bln euros.
This result is a great achievement as it brings a unitary framework in the national contract through:
- € 100 monthly salary increases when fully operational
- € 2 monthly in favor of supplementary health care
- An improved regulatory framework on various institutions including social clauses and changes of management in restaurant activities.
- A new code against harassment and sexual violence at work
- Recognition of the contractual apprenticeship institute, also in seasonal cycles, favoring the younger pool’s access to the labor market
- A new protocol on the procurement system in the catering sector and canteens
Harald Wiedenhofer, EFFAT Secretary General, welcomed this new result saying: ‘We’re particularly proud of our Italian affiliates for reaching a new milestone in their national industrial relations. Some of the contract’s new measures, especially in relation to the awarding of contracts, draw from the joint work of the European Social Dialogue between EFFAT and Food Service Europe, a cooperation that shows how collective bargaining and social dialogue at all levels is key to the enhancement of workers’ rights and a strengthened social protection system’ – and added: ’Collective bargaining is the foundation of efficient social dialogue and democracy at work, and the fundamental tool to make sure wages increase, as shown by the agreement on this national contract after four years of frozen salaries’.