On 5 April 2018, at the occasion of the annual meeting of the Schreiber EWC, EFFAT signed together with Schreiber Management an important declaration on diversity, inclusion and equality at the workplace.
With the signature of this declaration, the parties committed to enforce effective measures aimed at achieving real equality between women and men and eliminate any direct or indirect discrimination based on religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, political beliefs, trade union membership or any other personal or social condition or circumstance.
With this declaration the signatory parties commit to take, among others, initiatives and actions aimed at:
- Promoting awareness and education of Schreiber employees on diversity, inclusion and equality issues. Training sessions at European and national level will be organised for this purpose.
- Implementing concrete measures to prevent any discrimination at the workplace related to gender, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, political or ideological beliefs, trade union membership or any other personal or social condition or circumstance.
- Promoting respect for diversity and respect for LGBTI people.
- Implementing measures to facilitate the integration of persons with disabilities.
- Establishing mechanisms to communicate, investigate and resolve complaints and grievances related to any possible case of discrimination suffered at the workplace.
- Acknowledging the importance of promoting a better work-life balance for working people and undertakes to review and update, where necessary, the measures in the framework of the social dialogue with EFFAT and trade union organisations at national level.
The declaration said these actions and initiatives, aimed at achieving the stated objectives, will be jointly defined at European level within the framework of the social dialogue between EFFAT, its member organisations and Schreiber’s Management. National actors (workers’ representatives and local management) will be involved in this process .